Monday, July 6, 2009

Penelope Update

Had my 3 hour glucose tolerance test this week. Fasting score was good. First hour was good. Failed the second hour, so I had to stay for the third. My number needed to be under 140 and I was 138. The doctor was out doing surgery by this time, so I don't know if that means I need to take another test later, or need to start testing my sugar. I go back next week for another OB appointment.

I can finally feel Penelope moving some now. Probably not as much as others, but she makes her presence known now and then.

We go back to Greenville to see the Maternal-Fetal Medicine doctor and the Pediatric Cardiologists on July 24th. So we will have another update at that time.

Tomorrow is 30 weeks for me and it is a little frightening to think about less than 10 weeks remaining and all the things still to be done.

I think we have everything we *need* for her arrival - except for a car seat if she weighs less than 5 lbs. (we have one rated for 5 lbs) So, I am not stressed over that. Just the kitchen and the cleaning that needs to be done. And I'm only a little stressed - because there is absolutely NOTHING I can do about any of it until the kitchen is done. No point in cleaning anything when the floor still needs to be sanded. Mentally I am trying to decide what I need to get rid of to make room for all the baby stuff - it sure seems to take up a lot space!!

No comments: