Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Christmas with the Collins'
Scott's family always gets together Christmas Eve. The children open their presents and then the adults play a game with a gift swap. The rules change some every year, but this year there was stealing, teamwork and negotiation. It was a lot of fun. We were going to my family's New Year's, so on Christmas morning (EARLY), we went to his parents house to watch the grandchildren open up their presents. Most of us showed up in our PJ's. (Those who knew me years ago are in shock that I would leave my house in my house coat - but his parents are less than 10 miles away. His mom cooked breakfast and we all visited with his grandmother. Then we went home and opened our presents. My "big" gift this year was a Cricut - a personal cutter for scrapbooking and Sunday School. I'm so excited. Scott's "big" gift is either exhaust on the Nova or a set of speakers for the Nova - or both if he can find a good deal. I just gave him an IOU since I could *not* pick either of those items out for him.
(Presents we gave. This is the first year we even came close to having them all wrapped in time for a picture. There are a few missing because we had already given out the ones to church folks and SS children.)
(Collins' gift exchange)

(Christmas morning)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment