Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Drug Store Deals

For my friends not on FaceBook - here are the recent drugstore deals I purchased this week.


CVS


Aussie hairspray $2.99 (ECB $2.00) used .50 coupon
Russel Stover candy $4.88
Dry Idea $2.99 (ECB $1) used BOGOF coupon
Had a $4 off $20 purchase voucher that I thought would work this time. It didn't - it just printed out a $4ECB for the future.
In addition to the coupons, I used $5 ECB and $7.49 ECB that I had.

Total Out of Pocket = $8.41
$7 in ECB toward future purchase.

Kind of like getting all that for less than $2.

Walgreens

Infusium $5.99 ($3 RR) coupon $1.00
Blistex BOGOF at $2.59. Used .55 coupon and .25 coupon (one coupon each)
KidsEeze Cough & Cold $4.99 ($4.99 RR)
Wisk $6.99 ($2 RR) coupon ($2)

Totally blew the deal by buying the Pssst ($5.99). I saw it while looking for the Infusium and have alway wanted to try it - even back in the 70's/80's.

In addition to the coupons I used $12 in Register Rewards (Thanks Sis. C for helping me get that last week)

Total out of pocket = $12.61 (the Psst blew a hole in that figure - it would have been $6 otherwise)

Received $10 in RR for future purchase
Kind of like getting all that for less than $3


RiteAid


In this picture imagine four (4) cases of Pepsi. I had taken the picture before I realized they were missing because we had already put them away and I was NOT getting them back out!

Aussie hairspray $2.99 ($2 UP) used $1.00 coupon (Thanks to my sister Dorothy who clued me in that Hairspray was in the deal. I thought it was just shampoo because I was looking at the ad on-line. I have plenty of shampoo - so I was excited to get hairspray!
Pepsi $3.00 each ($3 UP/4)
Hershey Bliss $2.99 ($1 UP on each bag - whoo hoo. Surprised it printed 2. I was only expecting one) Used $1/2 coupon

I had used all my UP rewards previously. So Out of Pocket was $19.29 (remember the 4 cases of Pepsi) with $7 UP rewards toward future purchase. I buy Scott's sinus medicine here, so I can *always* use those UP rewards. I totally forgot to use the $25 RA gift card that I got for FREE just for purchasing Scott's medicine there! Guess next time.

Kind of like getting all that for $12.

I have a friend who is a non-believer in the drugstore deals and thinks I could get it at Walmart cheaper. (Maybe I could have gotten the Psst cheaper - but I've never seen it at Walmart. )

What do you think? Would Walmart be cheaper?? Could you get everything pictured above - and include 4 Pepsi's not pictured for $40? how about $17?

Did a quick search on Walmart.com and only found 5 items and those came to $28.65 (already past my $17) Aussie $3.33 (x2); Dry Idea $3.26 (x2); Infusium $6.50; Bistex $3.50 (for 2 pk); Wisk $5.47 (my Wisk was bigger). I'm guessing by the time you add 3 boxes of chocolates; 4 packs of Pepsi; 2 bags of chocolate; Psst and Kids-Eeze - you would be well over $40 (my OOP not counting the UP;ECB;RR)

No comments: