Sunday, April 1, 2012

Publix trip



The best deals for us were at Publix this week. Here is what we purchased today on the way home from church. I spent $34.75 for what you see above and "saved" $30.30.

Here is a breakdown
Corn 5/$2
Sweet taters .49/lb (x4) $1.86
Baby carrots $1.29 (x2)
Sunday paper $3 (I was expecting 5 coupon inserts but there were only 3 in the State)
Honey Nut Cheerios BOGOF $3.99 ($2.00 each x3) used $1 coupon off three
Cool Whip BOGOF $$1.95
Wesson Oil BOGOF $4.49
Ragu BOGOF $2.19
Campbell's Cream soups 5/$5 used coupon .40/4 which doubled
Cantaloupes 2 for $4
Cookies BOGOF $3.49

There were supposed to have been coupons for the cookies and the Cool Whip but they were not in my inserts. Sour cream was also on sale - but they were out of the kind I wanted. So even though I only used 2 coupons, I thought the BOGOF were good deals.

I also made a trip to Food Lion. Needed some Palm Sunday snacks for Sunday school. The best deal Food Lion had (in my cart anyway) was chicken for .99/pound. I did buy some ice cream (we like FL brand better than name brand) and some frozen meals for lunches.

We are skipping Bi-Lo this week.

No comments: