Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Cards


I just wanted to share the joy I receive at getting Christmas cards from folks far away with notes and pictures. Even though the Holidays are a hectic time, I enjoy sending cards to friends and family. It is a time to reflect on the wonderful people God has placed in our lives. I've long griped about getting a card with just a name (from friends far away) and they are starting to listen. I've received several with pictures and notes included. It makes me feel special to know they care enough to write a line or two and let me know how they are doing and what their children look like. It's the one time of year I make an attempt at staying in touch by sending my Christmas letter. This year, I included my blog address, so folks can following our happenings should they wish to. Today I received a few more cards and I felt such joy at reading them that I decided to write about it. So, thank you to all of those who have sent cards with personalized notes and pictures this year. May you all have a Merry Christmas.

No comments: