Decided I would write about our vacation before I forgot what we did. We went once again to the Hendersonville area and stayed in Bat Cave, NC. It was only 12 miles from the interstate, but it was a long 12 miles with all the curves. The curves and hills back home do not bother me - I guess I am used to them. We found a good deal on a single wide trailer but the driveway was nerve wracking. Hope to post some pictures later. We went to the Flea Market both Saturdays and found some good deals. We also visited our favorite thrift stores and even found a couple we didn't know about. I don't consider that "shopping" but supporting charitable organizations. We visited a local air museum, went to a small car show, drove to Black Mt. one day and took the back roads to Lake Julian. It reminded me a lot of Renick, WV only this was a 2-lane road. On the GPS, the road looked like a plate of spaghetti. When we got to the lake, we saw some goslings. We fed them some Triscuts. Scott's parents came up on Friday and went to the flea market with us on Saturday. The only time we ate out was when his parents came. The rest of the time we cooked or packed sandwiches. All those beautiful scenic places and we usually were eating lunch in a parking lot somewhere. We came home early because the family was having a birthday party for Scott's niece. Scott wasn't sleeping very well anyway and was glad to get back to his bed. That's all I can remember for now. I will post pictures later. Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment