Just wanted to add an update to our garden. We now have tiny squash on the vine. For some reason, I don't remember growing squash as a child in WV, so this was new for me. Funny thing is, Scott doesn't even really like squash and I like it best if someone else cooks it. Maybe you could share some good squash recipes. I think Scott only planted them so he would have success as a gardener. Apparently squash is easy to grow? My niece told me the other day, that only in the south in the summer do they lock their cars while in church. Not because they are afraid of someone stealing something, but afraid someone will put squash and zucchini in the car. Here is a picture of what a baby squash (is "squash" plural or singular? Is it one squash? three squash?) looks like. Remember, I don't remember seeing this before, so this is new to me. Tomatoes and cucumbers have blooms, but nothing else, and the potato patch has nothing to share yet.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary, How does your garden grow?
Just wanted to add an update to our garden. We now have tiny squash on the vine. For some reason, I don't remember growing squash as a child in WV, so this was new for me. Funny thing is, Scott doesn't even really like squash and I like it best if someone else cooks it. Maybe you could share some good squash recipes. I think Scott only planted them so he would have success as a gardener. Apparently squash is easy to grow? My niece told me the other day, that only in the south in the summer do they lock their cars while in church. Not because they are afraid of someone stealing something, but afraid someone will put squash and zucchini in the car. Here is a picture of what a baby squash (is "squash" plural or singular? Is it one squash? three squash?) looks like. Remember, I don't remember seeing this before, so this is new to me. Tomatoes and cucumbers have blooms, but nothing else, and the potato patch has nothing to share yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment