Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend




Scott pulled a muscle in his back Sunday (a week ago) so our Memorial Day weekend was not as productive as it might have been. He did get a lot accomplished - I think. He tore out the cabinets in the utility room, removed the trim and took down the paneling (I helped pull some nails), ran some different wires and removed the floor covering. He had hoped to start putting up sheet rock. After looking at the floor (or subfloor or whatever those layers are called....), he decided it needs to replaced also. No point in putting down hard wood floors if the floor beneath it is not in good shape. So that is a big set back for sheetrock. Here are some before and work-in-progress pictures of the utility room. I spent the weekend going through lots of tubbies from the attic. I think he brought down 9 totes of my stuff and I have narrowed it down to 3 (technically 4 - but the 4th one is smaller and contains nothing but material). I tossed a lot of old bills and school papers. Part of it was just consolidating "like" things together. It was a hodge podge before. We are also trying to eliminate things we really don't *need*.

No comments: