Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Challenges
We had our second appointment with the Maternal-Fetal specialist in Greenville and our first visit with the Pediatric Cardiologists. Ultrasound says it's still a girl. She is measuring small for her age (her bones). She still has a heart defect that affects all four chambers. It is called Atrioventricular Canal Defect. If God does not intervene, that will need to be surgically repaired soon after birth (0-6 months - depending on how she does). Those things combined with a couple of other findings, they have upped our chances of a baby with Down Syndrome from 50% to 80-90%. We go back in another 4 weeks or so to check on things. I go tomorrow to my regular OB for the glucose test and then I think I see him every couple of weeks until closer to delivery. So keep us and "Penelope" in your prayers. We serve a God of miracles. As the three Hebrew boys told the king "Our God is able to deliver, but if not....." he will give us the grace and strength we need. I take comfort in knowing that He is working all things for my good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment