Wednesday, July 30, 2014

5 years






 

It's hard to believe it's been a year since I posted something on my blog.  Now that most of my family is on Facebook - I don't post here often.  But it seemed appropriate that I type something for your anniversary day.

5 years

We should be getting you ready to start K5 and having you a party at church with all the children there.  I did buy 5 balloons today and clipped them to your flowers.  I know the live flowers (nor the balloons) will not last very long.  But I wanted something special for today.

Today I also  made a donation in your memory - what we probably would have spent on your party.  I hope to be able to do that every year.  So that we always remember those less fortunate than we are - even through our grief.

At church tonight, the pastor preached on Godly men - which I thought was appropriate for today since I feel your Dad is a wonderful Godly man.

Last year someone gave me the book "Heaven is for Real" for your day.  And this year someone else gave us the video.  I have to wonder if someone is trying to tell us something?  I take my comfort in knowing that you are with our Savior who loves you even more than we do.

You are loved by others here on earth and they acknowledged your day today also.

5 years and we are still "Learning to Lean"

No comments: