Monday, February 15, 2010

Our First Snowperson


We had the largest snow fall that I remember here in Greenwood this weekend. Keep in mind that my memory is pretty bad and I missed some times of snow because I was visiting WV. And although 4 inches is not a lot to all my northern friends, we are not equipped to deal with it here. Other parts of the state had more than we did. The surprising part is it stayed around longer than I would have expected. I even saw some snowy patches still around this evening. It's hard to take pictures (at night) while it is still snowing. The light reflects off the snow flakes. But here are some of our snow and our snow person. A lot had already melted by the time I was able to take pictures on Saturday.
Friday evening around 6:00 p.m.
Our driveway
Our front yard
Our front yard
Friday night

Not an accurate measurement since this was under some trees. I didn't have on boots to get to a better spot.
Saturday afternoon
Looks really deep from this angle. I put the camera down at the sidewalk.
I love the red and white in these pictures
Scott working on the bottom of our snowperson. I made the middle section.
A real carrot for a nose
Scarf gives a finishing touch

It was still standing this morning when I left.

No comments: