Wednesday, May 20, 2009
I see some sprouts and small veggies!!
Took a look at the garden this morning. The corn, beans and potatoes are starting to sprout. The cucumbers, squash and tomatoes are blooming and there are some small tomatoes and squash. The watermelon are hanging in there so far and I don't know where he planted the carrots. Scott said he saw some small cucumbers, but I didn't really see any. The plants are looking a little puny so we don't know if we have burned them with fertilizer. We'll probably get the soil tested next year. This year was another experimental year with the kitchen still being remodeled. Scott really wants to plant some fruit trees, grapes (a.k.a. muscidines and scuffidines (not spelled correctly) here in SC) and I would like to have some blueberry bushes. I've printed some information from Clemson, but haven't had time to read it yet. Here are some pictures of the beginning of the future harvest (we hope).
Tomatoes
Squash
Corn (first attempt)
Beans (first attempt)
Potatoes (looks like some of the hard rain washed the dirt away - I covered them back up)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rachel, Matt has 2 blueberry bushes he planted - one two years ago, one this year. They look pretty good! My parents have a bb bush that is completely out of control - it's montrous and my mother swears she has never paid it any attention. We would also like some fruit trees. This year was our first attempt at gardening - 3 rows of corn, 2 watermelon mounds, some potatoes...we'll see how it goes. Matt has the green thumb, I do not.
Post a Comment